Our women’s circles will begin meeting on September 13 and their study this year will be “Who Is Jesus?”. Each of the study’s nine lessons explores that question through a particular theological lens. Anyone interested in attending a PW circle is invited to contact Jeanne Hughes or Donna Lewis or by contacting the church office.
- The Fellowship of the Least Coin has been a part of our PW offerings since it was started in 1956 by Shanti Solomon of India; the offering of our country’s least coin is comingled with the least coin of women around the globe to fund grants for caring for women and children.
- Our Thank Offering in the fall is used to fund 28 projects in the United States.
- Our spring Birthday Offering gives substantial funds to several global projects, usually for health and education and vocational training.
- In the Richmond area we support Central Virginia Foodbank as well as Interfaith Council of Greater Richmond.
- Our concern for residents of local adult homes has led us to join other northside churches to provide an annual Christmas party. We also remember these residents throughout the year with cards.
- We support CROP Walk and Church World Service.
- We provide funds to Union Presbyterian Seminary, Cook College and Theological School for native Americans in Arizona, Presbyterian Home and Family Services, Zuni School, and support for our missionaries to improve education and provide medical supplies.
- Our Stamps for Mission project has provided funds for a printing press for educational materials in Congo.
The Purpose of Presbyterian Women:
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves:
- to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- to support the mission of the church worldwide,
- to work for justice and peace, and
- to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witnesses to the promise of God’s Kingdom.